embryonic (comparative more embryonic, superlative most embryonic)
- (embryology) Of or relating to an embryo.
- (figuratively) Of a project, etc: very new and still evolving; yet to reach its full potential.
- 2023 February 22, Sir Michael Holden, “Comment: A farewell to micro-management”, in RAIL, number 977, page 3:
- We are also to see the green-lighting of some much overdue reform of fares and ticketing, even if it's still embryonic and to be trialled on part or the network.
- embryonal (much less common)
embryology: of or relating to an embryo
figuratively: something, especially a project, that is very new and is still evolving
embryonic (not comparable)