- (philosophy, not comparable) Of or relating to the study of ethics.
- The philosopher Kant is particularly known for his ethical writings.
- (not comparable) Of or relating to the accepted principles of right and wrong, especially those of some organization or profession.
- All employees must familiarize themselves with our ethical guidelines.
- (comparable) Morally approvable; good.
- We are trying to decide what the most ethical course of action would be.
- (of a drug, not comparable) Only dispensed on the prescription of a physician.
- In most jurisdictions, morphine is classified as an ethical drug.
of or relating to the study of ethics
of or relating to the accepted principles of right and wrong, especially those of some organization or profession
morally approvable, when referring to an action that affects others; good
only dispensed on the prescription of a physician
ethical (plural ethicals)
- An ethical drug.
- ethical in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- ethical in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- ethical at OneLook Dictionary Search