- Rhymes: -ælɪti
- A possible event; something that may happen.
- 2012 June 19, Phil McNulty, “England 1-0 Ukraine”, in BBC Sport:
- England could have met world and European champions Spain but that eventuality was avoided by Sweden's 2-0 win against France, and Rooney's first goal in a major tournament since scoring twice in the 4-2 victory over Croatia in Lisbon at Euro 2004.
- (phrenology) An individual's propensity to take notice of events, changes, or facts.
- (possible event): contingency