- (transitive) To bar (someone) from entering; to keep out.
- (transitive) To expel; to put out.
- to exclude young animals from the womb or from eggs
- (transitive) To omit from consideration.
- Count from 1 to 30, but exclude the prime numbers.
- (transitive, law) To refuse to accept (evidence) as valid.
- (transitive, medicine) To eliminate from diagnostic consideration.
- (bar from entering): debar, forbar, turn away; see also Thesaurus:shut out
- (expel): eject, throw out, turf out; see also Thesaurus:kick out
- (omit from consideration): exclude, omit; see also Thesaurus:omit
to bar from entering; keep out
to expel, put out
to refuse to accept as valid
to eliminate from diagnostic consideration