fatberg (plural fatbergs)
- A large accumulation of fat and discarded toiletries which clogs sewers. [From late 2000s]
- 2009, Carlos J. Cortes, The Prisoner, page 162:
- Months ago a tunnel was clogged with a fatberg. It took a team of workers a month to move it.
- 2013, Russ Litten, Swear Down, unnumbered page,
- Bleeding big fatberg up there. About half a ton's worth.
- 2014, Adam Roberts, Bête, unnumbered page,
- Then I worked in the sewers of Manchester–a six month stint of that, jabbing pressure-water-poles at fatbergs, tonnes of used kebab grease and congealed sump oil, woven together with thousands of used wet wipes.