Audio (US) (file)
- The state or characteristic of being finite; limitedness.
Finitude is rather formal and used in philosophy, while finiteness is used in mathematics; however, infinitude is used in mathematics more than infiniteness. Less formal is to reword to use limited: “(the fact that) life is limited” rather than “the finitude of life”.
- (state or characteristic of being finite): finiteness, finity, limitedness; see also Thesaurus:finity
- (state or characteristic of being finite): infiniteness, infinitude, infinity, limitlessness, unlimitedness; see also Thesaurus:infinity
- For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:finitude.
- finitude at OneLook Dictionary Search