See also: first fruits
- plural of
- Alternative form of .
- 1611, The Holy Bible, […] (King James Version), London: […] Robert Barker, […], OCLC 964384981, Deuteronomy 26:10-11:
- And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land, which thou, O Lord, hast given me. And thou shalt set it before the Lord thy God, and worship before the Lord thy God: And thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which the Lord thy God hath given unto thee, and unto thine house, thou, and the Levite, and the stranger that is among you.
- 1594, Richard Hooker, Of the Lawes of Ecclesiastical Politie
- Long it were to reckon up particularly what God was owner of under the Law: for of this sort was all which they spent in legal sacrifices; of this sort their usual oblations and offerings; of this sort tithes and firstfruits; […]
- 1854, Samuel Knaggs, Unsoundness of Mind Considered in Relation to the Question of Responsibility for Criminal Acts
- Most authors, I imagine, regard the introduction of the firstfruits of their pen to public notice with feelings akin to timidity […]
first of the harvest — see first fruits