- (pathology) Any food-borne disease, such as salmonella, which causes diarrhea, nausea, fever and abdominal cramps.
any food-borne disease
Further reading edit
- “food poisoning”, in OneLook Dictionary Search.
- “food poisoning”, in Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: Merriam-Webster, 1996–present.
- “food poisoning”, in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th edition, Boston, Mass.: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2016, →ISBN.
- “food poisoning”, in Collins English Dictionary.
- Definition & Facts of Food Poisoning, www.niddk.nih.gov
- Food poisoning, mayoclinic.org
- food poisoning, foodborne illness, foodborne disease at Google Ngram Viewer