See also: fréquentative
- (abbreviation): freq.
frequentative (not comparable)
- (grammar) Serving to express repetition of an action.
- "Crackle" is an English frequentative verb derived from "crack".
serving to express the frequent repetition of an action
frequentative (plural frequentatives)
- (grammar) Any of a subclass of imperfective verbs that denote a repeated action, no longer productive in English, but found in e.g. Finnish, Latin, Russian, and Turkish.
subclass of imperfective verbs that denotes a continuously repeated action
- “frequentative” in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- “frequentative” in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.