- A protein derived through partial hydrolysis of the collagen extracted from animal skin, bones, cartilage, ligaments, etc.
- An edible jelly made from this material.
- A thin, translucent membrane used as a filter for photography or for theatrical lighting effects.
- 2010 April, Frank Zullo, “Imaging Prehistoric Sunrises”, in Astronomy, volume 38, number 4, page 50:
- For both images I placed a Kodak 4.0 neutral-density gelatin filter over the lens to reduce the Sun's brightness.
protein derived through partial hydrolysis of the collagen
- “gelatin” in The Bokmål Dictionary.