See also: gored
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) To blush.
- After mentioning her ex-boyfriend, she started to go red.
- (idiomatic) To become sunburnt.
- Red-haired people go red more easily than dark-haired people.
- (idiomatic, US politics) Of states, counties, or Congress seats, to be carried by a Republican candidate in a given U.S. election.
- Tennessee went blue in the 1990s but went red in the 2000s.
- (idiomatic, UK politics) Of parliamentary constituencies, to be carried by a Labour candidate in a given UK election.
- Kensington, for many years a blue seat, went red in 2017.
- go red at OneLook Dictionary Search