See also: Guild
guild (plural guilds)
- A group or association mainly of tradespeople made up of merchants, craftspeople, or artisans for mutual aid, particularly in the Middle Ages.
- A corporation.
- (ecology) A group of diverse species that share common characteristics or habits.
- (video games) An organized group of players who regularly play together in a multiplayer game.
- (medieval professional associations): Hanse (merchants)
- (modern professional associations): trade union, union, professional association
association of tradespeople
- The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, 2000, Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009
- Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, HarperCollins Publishers, 2003