See also: halfbreed
- (derogatory) A person of mixed racial parentage or ancestry, especially one of mixed white and American Indian parentage (metis, métis, Metis, Métis).
- In South Korean society, which extols the virtues of ethnic purity, "half-breed" people are viewed with disdain and contempt.
- A hybrid animal or plant.
- breed (short form for half-breed)
derogatory: person of racially mixed ancestry
- (of a person, derogatory) Having dual heritage; having mixed racial parentage or ancestry.
- (of an animal or plant) Hybridized; having one purebred parent; descended from parents of different breeds or with different traits.
having one purebred parent; hybrid; of mixed racial parentage or ancestry