headquarters (plural headquarters)
- The military installation from which troops are commanded and orders are issued; the military unit consisting of a commander and his support staff.
- The center of an organization's operations or administration.
- A place of concentrated activity or influence.
- The word is plural in construction and can take singular or plural verbs.
- (US) headquarter
the military installation
center of organisation's activity
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.