helping (plural helpings)
- (countable) A portion or serving, especially of food that one takes for oneself, or to which one helps oneself.
- She eagerly took a second helping of ice cream.
- (figuratively, countable) An amount or quantity
- 2012 June 19, Phil McNulty, “England 1-0 Ukraine”, in BBC Sport:
- Wayne Rooney marked his England return with the goal that secured a place in Euro 2012's last eight - but it was a rough passage eased by helpings of good fortune and controversy against Ukraine.
serving — see serving