hindrance (plural hindrances)
- Something which hinders: something that holds back or causes problems with something else.
- High-heeled shoes may be fashionable, but they can also be a hindrance to walking.
- 1944 January and February, C. F. Cobon, “The County of London Plan”, in Railway Magazine, page 24:
- The L.C.C. [London County Council] considers viaducts in London objectionable and a hindrance to town planning and would like to abolish all the Southern Railway lines on viaducts in South London. [Nothing much happened, they still exist.]
- The state or act of hindering something
- Your hindrance of this process will not be tolerated.
- See also Thesaurus:hindrance
something which hinders