- Vocabularios de la lengua xinca de Sinacantan (1868, D. Juan Gavarrete)
- Alternative form of
- “he, pron. (3)” in MED Online, Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 2007, retrieved 12 June 2018.
- French: hui (obsolete)
- expression used to call the attention of somebody
- Huy! Gising ka na!
- Hey! Wake up already!
- expression used to inform someone
- Huy, hindi ako ang kumuha ng pera mo!
- Hey, it's not me who took your money!
Compare with Tagalog hoy, which when used is considered brazen and can make you sound disrespectful in some contexts. This word compared with Tagalog hoy is considered to be more low key and thus used more casually, though it is still not used in formal contexts.