- (intransitive, now rare) To exaggerate, use hyperbole.
- (transitive, now rare) To represent or talk about with hyperbole.
- 1603, Michel de Montaigne, translated by John Florio, The Essayes […], London: […] Val[entine] Simmes for Edward Blount […], →OCLC:, Folio Society, 2006, vol.1, p.203:
- to purchase credit to their judgement, and draw you on to beleeve them, they commonly adorne, enlarge, yea, and Hyperbolize the matter.
- 2000, Vivian Carol Sobchack, Meta Morphing, page 123:
- But what is this metasubstance that blinks at us from the apex of the morph, and that in Terminator 2 is hyperbolized in the quicksilver substratum of the T-1000?