See also: Immigration
- (UK) IPA(key): /ɪmɪˈɡɹeɪʃn/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌɪmɪˈɡɹeɪʃən/
- Hyphenation: im‧mi‧gra‧tion
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act of immigrating; the passing or coming into a country of which one is not native born for the purpose of permanent residence.
- 2019 July 15, Greg Afinogenov, “The Jewish Case for Open Borders”, in Jewish Currents, number Summer 2019:
- [Stephen] Miller’s uncle, a neuroscientist, has been welcomed onto the public stage for his denunciations of his nephew’s immigration policies, which the elder Miller has characterized as hypocritical: the Millers’ not-so-distant Jewish ancestors were, of course, immigrants themselves.
- inmigration, in-migration
- outmigration, out-migration
the act of immigrating
Declension of immigration
immigration f (plural immigrations)
- “immigration” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).