See also: imprégnation
- The act of making pregnant; fertilization.
- The fact or process of imbuing or saturating with something; diffusion of some element, idea etc. through a medium or substance.
- That with which anything is impregnated.
- (geology) An ore deposit, with indefinite boundaries, consisting of rock impregnated with ore.
- 1922, Intermountain Industry and Engineering: Official Publication: Utah Motor Transport Ass'n, volume 24:
act of making pregnant
fact or process of saturating with something
impregnation f (plural impregnations)