- Having a bad reputation, disreputable; notoriously bad, unpleasant or evil; widely known, especially for something bad.
- He was an infamous traitor.
- He was an infamous perjurer.
- Causing infamy; disgraceful.
- This infamous deed tarnishes all involved.
- (Britain, historical) Subject to a judicial punishment that deprived the infamous person of certain rights; this included a prohibition against holding public office, exercising the franchise, receiving a public pension, serving on a jury, or giving testimony in a court of law.
having a bad reputation