- The earliest period of childhood (crawling rather than walking).
- The state of being an infant.
- (figuratively) An early stage in the development of anything.
- Space tourism is still in its infancy.
- (law) The state of being a minor.
(earliest period of childhood):
(state of being an infant):
(state of being a minor):
earliest period of childhood
state of being an infant
early state in development
law: state of being minor
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- Alternative form of