insufficiency (plural insufficiencies)
- The lack of sufficiency; a shortage or inadequacy.
- The troops went hungry because of the insufficiency of their supplies.
- 1962 October, “Beyond the Channel: Western Germany: Rhine right-bank line re-signalling”, in Modern Railways, page 276:
- On a recent trip down the Rhine many of the trains we saw were still steam-hauled, presumably through an insufficiency of electric locomotives, as yet, to deal with peak summer traffic.
- Synonym: unsufficiency (obsolete)
the lack of sufficiency; a shortage or inadequacy