From Turkish isot, from ısı (“heat”) + ot (“grass”).
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌiːˈsəʊt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /iˈsoʊt/
- urfa biber (pepper variety)
- 2017 May 12, Mehmet Kemal; Sevgi Kolayli; Şengül Alpay Karaoğlu; Nimet Baltaş, “The Role of Spices in the Treatment of Heliobacter Pylori”, in Abstract Book of I. International Congress of Medical and Aromatic Plants: "Natural and Healthy Life", →ISBN, page 1100:
- For this purpose, inhibitory effects on the Helicobacter pylori urease of ethanolic extracts of spices such as thyme, clove, isot pepper, turmeric, mint, black sesame and cinnamon purchased from herbalist were investigated as a screening study.
- nominative plural of iso