landlocked (not comparable)
- (of a country, geographical region, etc.) Surrounded by land (having no borders with the sea).
- Switzerland is landlocked and obviously will never be a great sea power and must always trade overland.
- Living in freshwater, such as landlocked salmon.
- (US, real estate, of a property or parcel) Surrounded by other property and having no access to a public road.
2005, Washington Legislative Reference Bureau, State of Wisconsin Blue Book, 2005-2006, page 610:
- An easement of necessity, said the court, may be provided when property is landlocked and the owner needs access to that property from a public highway.
2005, Thomas J. McEvoy, Owning and Managing Forests: A Guide to Legal, Financial, and Practical Matters, page 49:
- In some states, the law allows for easements by necessity, especially in circumstances where a property is landlocked.
2006, Real Estate Principles, Rockwell publishing, page 114:
- For example, if a property is landlocked (entirely surrounded by other privately owned land) and has no access to a public street...
surrounded by land
- landlocked at OneLook Dictionary Search