See also: Lawless
- Not governed by any law.
- Prohibited by law; unlawful, illegal.
- 1782, Euripides, “Iphegenia in Aulis”, in Michael Wodhull, transl., The Nineteen Tragedies and Fragments of Euripides. [...] In Four Volumes, volume II, London: […] Thomas Payne and Son, […], OCLC 1003985431, page 210:
- For ſure the Gods / Are not devoid of wiſdom, but perceive / What oaths are lawleſs and by force extorted.
- Not restrained by the law or by discipline; disorderly, unruly.
not governed by the law
not restrained by the law
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked