- To omit, to not include, to neglect to mention
- The journalist decided to leave out certain details from her story.
- The journalist decided to leave the sleaze out of her story.
- 2011 June 4, Phil McNulty, “England 2 - 2 Switzerland”, in BBC:
- Capello mystifyingly left Ashley Young out despite a match-winning display in the Euro 2012 qualifier win in Wales in March and he only underlined the folly of the decision by emerging as substitute at half-time and striking a fine equaliser six minutes after coming on.
to leave out or to not include — see omit