- An affair; a usually adulterous relationship between people who are not married to each other.
- He was involved in a love affair with a married woman.
- A feeling of enthusiasm or strong liking for something; a fondness.
- I've always had a love affair with stamps.
- 2011 February 12, Phil McNulty, “Man Utd 2 - 1 Man City”, in BBC:
- And if his love affair with Old Trafford was strained by the saga of his demand to leave earlier this season, the bond was rekindled as United claimed a vital victory.
- 2023 March 8, Howard Johnston, “Was Marples the real railway wrecker?”, in RAIL, number 978, page 53:
- Also in 1955 came the paralysing two-week ASLEF pay strike, which did even more to end the love affair between the railways and its regular customers.
Related terms edit