See also: low-life
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈloʊlaɪf/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈləʊlaɪf/
- Hyphenation: low‧life
lowlife (plural lowlifes or lowlives)
- (derogatory) An untrustworthy, despicable, or disreputable person, especially one suspected of being a criminal.
- They say all the lowlifes used to hang out at the docks and plot their despicable crimes, before being elected to public office.
- See Thesaurus:criminal and Thesaurus:jerk
untrustworthy, despicable, or disreputable person