- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)dʒə(r)
merger (plural mergers)
- The act or process of merging two or more parts into a single unit.
- Club mergers reduced the number of teams by half
- (economics) The legal union of two or more corporations into a single entity, typically assets and liabilities being assumed by the buying party.
- (law) An absorption of one or more estate(s) or contract(s) into one other, all being held by the same owner; of several counts of accusation into one judgement, etc.
- (linguistics) A type of sound change where two or more sounds merge into one.
the act or process of merging
an absorption into one estate, contract etc.
type of sound change merging two or more sounds — see phonemic merger
the legal union of two or more corporations
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked