Borrowed from Latin miscellāneus, from miscellus (“mixed”), from misceō (“mix”).
miscellaneous (comparative more miscellaneous, superlative most miscellaneous)
- Consisting of a variety of ingredients or parts.
- A miscellaneous pile of clothing, buttons, tools and other junk.
- Having diverse characteristics, abilities or appearances.
- (consisting of a variety of ingredients or parts): diverse, manifold; See also Thesaurus:heterogeneous or Thesaurus:assorted
- (having diverse characteristics):
- misc, misc. (abbreviation)
- miscellaneous charge order
consisting of a variety of ingredients or parts
having diverse characteristics
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.