mishap (plural mishaps)
- An accident, mistake, or problem.
- Since the mishap with the banana peel, he watches his step.
- Evil accident; ill luck; misfortune; mischance.
- c. 1588–1593, William Shakespeare, “The Lamentable Tragedy of Titus Andronicus”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies (First Folio), London: […] Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358, [Act I, scene i]:
- Rome’s readiest champions, repose you here in rest,
Secure from worldly chances and mishaps!
accident, mistake, or problem