moribund (not comparable)
- Approaching death; about to die; dying; expiring.
- 1899 Feb, Joseph Conrad, “The Heart of Darkness”, in Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine, page 206:
- These moribund shapes were free as air - and nearly as thin.
- Almost obsolete, nearing an end.
moribund (plural moribunds)
- A person who is near to dying.
moribund (strong nominative masculine singular moribunder, not comparable)
- (also figuratively) moribund (approaching death)
Positive forms of moribund (uncomparable)