- molt (American English)
- (General American) IPA(key): /moʊlt/
- (UK) IPA(key): /mɒlt/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /məʊlt/
- Rhymes: -əʊlt
moult (plural moults)
- The process of shedding or losing a covering of fur, feathers or skin etc.
- Some birds change colour during their winter moult.
- The skin or feathers cast off during the process of moulting.
the process of shedding or losing a covering of fur, feathers or skin, etc
the skin or feathers cast off during the process of molting
- (intransitive) To shed or lose a covering of hair or fur, feathers, skin, horns, etc, and replace it with a fresh one.
- (transitive) To shed in such a manner.
to shed hair, feathers, skin, horns etc., as an animal
- much; a lot of
- “moult” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- French: moult