multiplicand (plural multiplicands)
- (arithmetic) A number that is to be multiplied by another (the multiplier).
- In the expression 5 × 3, the "3" is a multiplicand.
number that is to be multiplied by another
- addition, summation: (augend) + (addend) = (summand) + (summand) = (sum, total)
- subtraction: (minuend) − (subtrahend) = (difference)
- multiplication: (multiplier) × (multiplicand) = (factor) × (factor) = (product)
- division: (dividend) ÷ (divisor) = (quotient), remainder left over if divisor does not divide dividend