- (biology, now rare) Not described (in the academic literature); undescribed, unidentified.
- Without distinguishing qualities or characteristics; unexceptional.
- He drove a nondescript silver sedan.
2017 February 23, Katie Rife, “The Girl With All The Gifts tries to put a fresh spin on overripe zombie clichés”, in The Onion AV Club:
- We open in a grimy, fluorescent-lit military base somewhere in rural England, where the girl from the poster, Melanie (Sennia Nanua), is the star student in a class full of children who are wheeled into school—or at least, the nondescript concrete room that serves as a school—with their arms, legs, and foreheads bound to their wheelchairs by leather straps.
nondescript (plural nondescripts)
- An undistinguished, unexceptional person or thing.