numskull (plural numskulls)
- (pejorative) A dunce, mentally dull or stupid person.
- (pejorative) A person who refuses to learn or grow mentally.
- That numskull will never learn how to compose a letter.
- A traditional name for a fool who serves as the butt of jokes about stupidity.
Numskull is often capitalized as the fictitious name of the traditional fictional butt of jokes.
- See also Thesaurus:fool
- “numskull” in Webster’s Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary: Based on Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, 7th edition, Springfield, Mass.: G[eorge] & C[harles] Merriam, 1963 (1967 printing), OCLC 974117641.