See also: obèse
- Extremely overweight, especially: weighing more than 20% (for men) or 25% (for women) over their ideal weight determined by height and build; or, having a body mass index over 30 kg/m2.
- 2020 October 3, Peter Bowes, “Trump spends first night in hospital after Covid-19 diagnosis”, in BBC:
- The president, being 74, a man and someone categorised as obese, is in a higher-risk category for Covid-19.
- 2020, Christia Marie Ramos, “Teacher behind exam material body-shaming Angel Locsin undergoing admin probe — DepEd”, in Philippine Daily Inquirer:
- But it can be recalled that Locsin earlier called out DepEd for seemingly being “unaffected” by the actions of a teacher who body-shamed her by describing her [sic] “an obese person” in a Physical Education (PE) educational material after the agency issued an apology.
- See also Thesaurus:obese
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
obese (not comparable)
- IPA(key): /oˈbe.ze/, (traditional) /oˈbɛ.ze/
- Rhymes: -eze, (traditional) -ɛze
- Hyphenation: o‧bé‧se, (traditional) o‧bè‧se
obese f pl