See also: Packer
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpækɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpækə/
- Rhymes: -ækə(ɹ)
- Hyphenation: pack‧er
packer (plural packers)
- A person whose business is to pack things; especially, one who packs food for preservation
- He works as a pork packer.
- a household goods packer
- When his back problems kept him from lifting furniture, his skill as a packer kept him employed.
- (computing) A software program that compresses code or data.
- 2009, Harlan Carvey, Windows Forensic Analysis DVD Toolkit:
- Many times, the malware authors will use packers and even encryption tools to disguise their software […]
- (US) A ring of packing or a special device to render gastight and watertight the space between the tubing and bore of an oil well.
- (LGBT) An artificial penis or similar object worn by a drag king, trans man, etc., inside the trousers.
- (New Zealand) An object inserted to hold a space open for the purpose of alignment; a spacer or shim.
- (dated) A kind of trunk for luggage.
person packing things
- Alternative form of