Audio (AU) (file)
pansy (plural pansies)
- A cultivated flowering plant, derived by hybridization within species Viola tricolor.
- A deep purple colour, like that of the pansy.
- pansy colour:
- Any of various nymphalid butterflies of the genus Junonia. Also called arguses.
- (derogatory, colloquial, dated) A male homosexual, especially one who is effeminate.
- (derogatory, colloquial) A timid, weak man or boy; a wuss.
- (male homosexual): friend of Dorothy, omi-palone; see also Thesaurus:male homosexual
- (effeminate man): mama's boy, pansy, sissy; see also Thesaurus:effeminate man
- (timid man or boy): mama's boy, nancy boy, sissy; see also Thesaurus:milksop
informal:coward or weak person
pansy (not comparable)