patroon (plural patroons)
- (US) One of the landowning Dutch grandees of the Dutch colony of New Amsterdam, especially after it became a British possession renamed as New York.
- pattern or example from which a copy is made
- (textiles) template or pattern
- pattern; an artistic design or decorative arrangement
- pattern; a regular or repeating arrangment (such as in music or concerning events)
- (template): sjabloon
- a child that behaves either old-fashionedly or like an adult
- patron; wealthy person who supports an artist, craftsman, a scholar, etc.
- (Roman catholicism) patron; patron saint
- (historical, Roman antiquity) patron; a master who had freed his slave but still retained some rights over him
- Hyphenation: pa‧troon
- (boss): baas
- cartridge (of a firearm)