- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɛdəˌɡɒdʒi/, /ˈpɛdəˌɡɒɡi/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpɛdəˌɡɑdʒi/, /ˈpɛdəˌɡoʊdʒi/
- Hyphenation: ped‧a‧go‧gy
- The profession of teaching.
- The activities of educating, teaching or instructing.
- The strategies or methods of instruction; an educational philosophy.
- 2018, Clarence Green; James Lambert, “Advancing disciplinary literacy through English for academic purposes: Discipline-specific wordlists, collocations and word families for eight secondary subjects”, in Journal of English for Academic Purposes, volume 35, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeap.2018.07.004, page 106:
- A resource that profiles the important language of secondary disciplines by adapting the methods of EAP research could therefore be very useful for such pedagogy.
Do not confuse pedagogy (methods of teaching) with pedantry (misguided teaching), despite that they are etymologically related.
profession of teaching
activities of educating, teaching or instructing