- (countable) The collision of two bodies in order to produce a sound.
- (countable) The sound so produced.
- (countable) The detonation of a percussion cap in a firearm.
- (medicine) The tapping of the body as an aid to medical diagnosis.
- (music) The section of an orchestra or band containing percussion instruments; such instruments considered as a group; in bands, may be separate from drum kits.
- (engineering) The repeated striking of an object to break or shape it, as in percussion drilling.
collision producing a sound
sound produced by collision
detonation of percussion cap
medicine: tapping of the body
music: section of percussion instruments