- (Portugal) IPA(key): /pɨɾ.mi.ˈtiɾ/
- (Brazil) IPA(key): /peʁ.mi.ˈt͡ʃi(ʁ)/, [pëʁ.mɪ.ˈt͡ʃi(χ)]
- Hyphenation: per‧mi‧tir
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ir verb permitir
For quotations using this term, see Citations:permitir.
- to allow, permit
- No les permitieron ir. ― They were not allowed to go.
- Synonym: autorizar
- (takes a reflexive pronoun) to afford, to allow
- No puedo permitirme comprarlo.
- I can't allow myself to buy it.
- (takes a reflexive pronoun) to indulge in
- Used without a preposition, as is demonstrated in the example above
Conjugation of permitir (See Appendix:Spanish verbs)
Selected combined forms of permitir
These forms are generated automatically and may not actually be used. Pronoun usage varies by region.