piece of shit
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic, vulgar) A bad thing; an object of poor quality.
- 1989 August, Murray Silver, SPIN, page 10:
- When Jerry speaks of “The worst piece of shit I ever read,” he is not speaking of the book, Great Balls of Fire, but of the script to the movie.
- (idiomatic, vulgar) A despicable person.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:jerk
- 2010, Rachel DeWoskin, Foreign Babes in Beijing […] , W. W. Norton & Company, →ISBN, page 287:
- But then Zhao Jun switched to English and said, “I'll kick your face in, you piece of shit,” and it came out electric fluent, no one laughed. “How dare you call him a piece of shit?” the man's wife shrieked.
- (vulgar) Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see piece, of, shit.
- Synonym: turd
a bad thing
a despicable person