See also: Plush
- (UK) Very extravagant.
- (UK) Very expensive, or appearing expensive; opulent, luxurious.
- They lived in a plush apartment complex.
- Having a soft, fluffy exterior. (of a man-made object)
- This plush toy is so cute and soft - I want it!
Derived terms edit
having a soft, fluffy exterior
- A textile fabric with a nap or shag on one side, longer and softer than the nap of velvet.
- 1897 December (indicated as 1898), Winston Churchill, chapter X, in The Celebrity: An Episode, New York, N.Y.: The Macmillan Company; London: Macmillan & Co., Ltd., →OCLC:
- Mr. Cooke had had a sloop yacht built at Far Harbor, the completion of which had been delayed, and which was but just delivered. […] The Maria had a cabin, which was finished in hard wood and yellow plush, and accommodations for keeping things cold.
- 1921 June, Margery Williams, “The Velveteen Rabbit: Or How Toys Become Real”, in Harper’s Bazar, volume LVI, number 6 (2504 overall), New York, N.Y.: International Magazine Company, →ISSN, →OCLC, page 108, column 4:
- That night the Boy slept in a different bedroom, and he had a new bunny to sleep with him. It was a splendid bunny, all white plush with real glass eyes, but the Boy was too excited to care very much about it.
- A plush toy.
- 2002 March 2, Billboard, volume 114, number 9, page 70:
- When Play Along — the holder of the Care Bears master toy license — placed Care Bears plushes in Spencer Gifts last year, tweens and teenage girls bought the toys.
- 2008, Lionel Birglen, Thierry Laliberté, Clément M. Gosselin, Underactuated Robotic Hands, page 94:
- For a small fee, the player can control a crane equipped with a gripper to pick a gift, usually a plush or a small toy, and has to drop it in a place where he/she can grab it.
- 2011, Bob Sehlinger, Menasha Ridge, Len Testa, The Unofficial Guide Walt Disney World 2012, page 759:
- […] L.A. Prop Cinema Storage, full of kids' clothing (mostly for girls), PJs, and lots of toys and plushes (there's also a substantial infant area).
Derived terms edit
toy — see plush toy