pontoon (plural pontoons)
- (military) A flat-bottomed boat used as a support for a temporary bridge.
- A floating structure supporting a bridge or dock.
- Synonym: pontoon bridge
- A box used to raise a sunken vessel.
- A float of a seaplane.
- A lighter or barge used for loading or unloading ships.
support for a temporary bridge
floating structure supporting a bridge or dock
box used to raise a sunken vessel
float of a seaplane
- (card games) A card game in which the object is to obtain cards whose value adds up to, or nearly to, 21 but not exceed it.
- Synonym: vingt-et-un