- Having a large population.
- China is the most populous country in the world.
- (of a language) Spoken by a large number of people.
- Chinese is the most populous language.
- Victoria Fromkin, Robert Rodman, Nina M. Hyams, An Introduction to Language →ISBN, page 524:
- The Sino-Tibetan family includes Mandarin, the most populous language in the world, spoken by more than one billion Chinese.
- Densely populated.
- The Nile delta is a populous region.
- Crowded with people.
- Airport departure halls are often populous places during the rush hours.
having a large population