prism (plural prisms)
- (geometry) A polyhedron with parallel ends of the same size and shape, the other faces being parallelogram-shaped sides.
- A transparent block in the shape of a prism (typically with triangular ends), used to split or reflect light.
- A crystal in which the faces are parallel to the vertical axis.
- (figurative) A perspective that colors one's perception.
- 2023 June 10, Phil McNulty, “Manchester City 1 - 0 Inter Milan”, in BBC Sport:
- It is a simple fact that many outside the Abu Dhabi-owned club will always view their triumph through the prism of the charges of 115 financial breaches brought against them by the Premier League, charges they fiercely deny.
Derived terms Edit
geometry: polyhedron with parallel ends of the same size and shape
block used to split or reflect light