- Rhymes: -ui
- Third person singular indicative present form of puida.
- Third person singular indicative past form of puida.
- Indicative present connegative form of puida.
- Second person singular imperative present form of puida.
- Second person singular imperative present connegative form of puida.
- well (structure from which water can be drawn)
- French: puits
From Latin pullus, probably through a Vulgar Latin root *pulleus, or alternatively formed from the plural of an original Romanian form *pul. Ultimately from Proto-Indo-European *polH- (“animal young”). Compare Spanish pollo and Italian pollo.
pui m (plural pui)
- cub, youngling, nestling, whelp, young of an animal, or less commonly of people
- darling, dear